Monday, February 28, 2011

Coffee Break




"We have yet to break the surface"
I gently wispered
after what seemed to be endless hours
of scratching the stars away
from the iridescent sky with my fingertips
to shelter them inside my hands
and feel their light.


My overall intention was that of stripping
the darkness out of the night-
of pulling constellations away
from their imprints in the atmosphere
rearranging and making them
US.


You see, years ago, my mother told me
"God is in everything"
and from that day on
I chose to listen more intently and move purposfully,
to swallow equal amounts of truths and mistruths
in the smallest possible pieces
and nibble around the edges of the unknown.



Wondering if the cores of all the peaches in the case
were housing belief within the pits, and
whenever I've closed my lips-
Id feel IT extend its hopes
pinned in every direction beneath my tongue,
shaping my words from experience
pulling all my strands of sin
from the lining of my soul.


I can always feel it
not out of fear,
but wisdom spread evenly about my skin.
In everything I see
touch
feel.


Holding to the stars, my pulse,
parts of us
resting in my hand
realizing that no battle had ever
been fought and won alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment